Monday 11 December 2017

If Your Life Story Depresses You or Holds You Back, Change It

a post by Kelly Pietrangeli for the Tiny Buddha blog


“The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new.”
~Pema Chodron


Too often we let stories from our past define us. We tell them over and over to ourselves and to others until it becomes our truth. What if, without deviating from actual facts, we choose to tell different stories? What if these new stories could bring us more freedom and strength?

Below are some true facts about my own life. I'll follow each one with the stories I could be telling myself about each one, followed by the story I choose to go with.

Continue reading

This post has had a powerful effect on my thinking. I have not followed through with the ideas yet but I know that I need to.
I need to change “my mother pushed me away when I most needed support” to 
“my mother did what she thought was right for my younger siblings”.


No comments: