Monday 9 October 2017

15 'Adulting' Truths You May Relate to If You Struggle With Mental Illness

via The Mighty by Annie Wright

As a therapist, I’m privileged to be invited into the hearts and minds of many people. One thing I’ve come to believe over the years through my work as a therapist is this: we’re all struggling with “adulting” in some way.

But most of us believe that no one else is having as hard of a time as us. And yet that’s just not true – many of us are struggling with the same kinds of issues and feeling just as challenged.

Because life can feel really hard sometimes. And “adulting” is just not that easy.
But too often shame, isolation or lack of outlets to safely and vulnerably bring this up – the fact that being an adult isn’t easy – can leave many of us feeling lonely and defeated.

Continue reading

I didn’t realise just how much I disliked the current trend for turning perfectly good words into something that they are not. Parenting has annoyed me for a long time, Googling irritates Google, and now adulting.


No comments: