Sunday 3 September 2017

An Unconventional Career Can Help You Find Your Passion

via LifeDev: blog post by Raymond Mango

As a residential house cleaner who found his specialty in cleaning crime scenes and unattended deaths, it wasn’t something that I set out to do in life. In fact, it was probably the furthest from my mind as a career. After retiring from the Coast Guard, for several years I worked as a commercial salmon fisherman in Alaska. But as much as I loved being out in the ocean and running my own business, I was barely getting by. At a $1 a pound from the fish processor, there was hardly anything left after paying for all the expenses.

Once I got married I had to come to terms with the sobering truth that passion and ability have nothing to do with each other. Just because you are passionate does not mean you are good at doing it.

Continue reading

The blog post, of itself, is not overly long but there are several links to useful information. Some of it may be a bit too “American” to suit some people but there are useful nuggets to be found.


No comments: