Thursday 21 April 2011

Career Development Quarterly

Remember the saying about London buses? You wait for what seems like ever and then three come along at once. It doesn’t happen so much with buses in these days of instant communication – now you’re more likely to get the disembodied announcement that “this bus is being held to regulate the timetable”.

What’s that got to do with the title of this post? After requesting the journal several times over the last weeks, or maybe months, today I get three at once. 59(1) September 2010, 59(2) December 2010 and 59(3) March 2011.

And it’s currently 18:59 on the evening before the long Easter weekend, I’m sitting at a desk in the British Library which closes in an hour! I’ll simply have to ask for these to be kept on the shelf until Wednesday of next week!

I’ve had a quick glance and there’s at least one article in each that I need to read not glance at.

On to the next!



No comments: