Friday 13 August 2010

Information risk management

Well, what do you know about it?

What do I know about it?

I don’t know the answer to the first question. How could I? I don’t know who you are in any detail and I have not asked you this question previously.

The answer to the next question is, “considerably more than I did an hour ago before I started reading Bulletin: of the records management society (Issue 156 (July 2010)).

And, what is more important, I know who knows lots more than I do and where to find him. Interestingly, from my point of view, is that not only can I find Robin Smith from his email address but could after a short bus ride from home search out the physical Mr Smith at his place of work.

That aside, the article about information risk management is an edited extract of Robin's new publication, Information risk management: valuing, protecting and leveraging business information, which is available from the Ark Group.

Table of contents and an executive summary (PDF 6pp) is available

Full publication
Amazon price £295 (free p&p but none in stock)
Same price from the publishers but p&p = £7.50

Sorry, but with the best will in the world I cannot recommend that any small business should purchase a book that costs that much!


No comments: