Tuesday 21 April 2009

User manual search engine Diplodocs

via Phil Bradley's weblog by philipbradley
I was recently tasked with finding a user manual for my wife's sewing machine. Normally the first place that I'd go for something like this is to the website of the company that produced it, but curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to see if there was a search engine that provides access to user manuals. It turns out that there is, and it's called Diplodocs It's quite impressive and covers lots of manufacturers, lots of types of manuals, with an easy to use search interface.
Hazel’s comment:
Phil’s suggestions are always useful (perhaps particularly those which obliquely tell you not to touch said resource with the proverbial barge pole) but this is just brilliant. I used it to find the instructions for setting the alarm on a clock I picked up a charity shop.

No comments: