Monday 18 August 2008

£6 million boost for charities over three years

via NDS RSS on 14 August

Voluntary and community sector organisations will receive £6 million in funding for the next three years from HM Revenue & Customs to help people get the right benefits and tax.

Read the full press release

Hazel's comment:
Do you mean to tell me that people aren't getting the right benefits and tax?
Sorry for the sarcasm but the biggest ------ (you insert an appropriate phrase as what I'd like to write might not get through work-based spam traps) has been made by HMRC with the Tax Credits fiasco. And I don't blame HMRC as an organisation (although perhaps I should), let alone do I blame the staff who are, in my opinion, doing an impossible job with tools that only hinder rather than help. No, the blame lies with the government for making a finance collection department responsible for making payments.

No comments: