Friday 20 June 2008

Tories plan to strip down "dysfunctional" Treasury

by Paul Grant on Accountancy Age 17 June

Shadow chancellor George Osborne has stated that the Treasury would undergo a major restructuring of its "rather dysfunctional" operations, should the Tories win the next general election.

Read the full article

Hazel's comment:
I have been saying for some time that it was wrong to make a revenue collecting department responsible for what is, in essence, a benefit payment function.
Party politics be blowed, I care not -- the government always gets in and whichever administration thought up the daft idea of having HM Revenue & Customs involved in the payment of monies to needy people wants to think again or get out!
This, as you can probably appreciate, is an issue close to my heart since I've been on the receiving end of blunders and changes of procedure with no apparent notification. And if I can't cope with it when I was on the delivery side of benefit for several years then heaven help those with less experience of the mechanisms.

No comments: