Tuesday 13 November 2007

More good news

and this time I reckon that it's really good news -- on the personal front. I had my pre-surgical assessment yesterday including ECG and lung function tests and passed, if not with flying colours at least well enough to be told "Yes, you can come in and have your bypass operation done". The only possible put-offs now to my being in on 6th or 13th December are if I'm an MRSA carrier or if there's a blockage on the Intensive Care Unit bed which I'll need for a day or maybe two. Unfortunately the latter is quite likely as Kettering gets its fair share of accidents from the A14 road and it's nearly Christmas and there's icy mornings but a Thursday should be alright. Another hurdle passed on the way to what I'm assured will be full recovery of movement once the graft settles down.

For my non-UK readers the A14 road crosses from the East coast of England (the port of Felixstowe) to the main motorways going North through the Midlands (the M1 and M6). It's a dual carriageway with only two lanes on either side, is quite hilly (for us) and is always busy with a lot of heavy lorries (trucks) and accidents are frequent!

No comments: