Wednesday 16 January 2013

It’s a Man’s Man’s World

a blog post by Eleanor Dalloway via LASA ICT E-Bulletin - January 2013

So, I should probably begin with a disclaimer. I am a woman working in the infosecurity industry, which arguably makes me biased, but certainly puts me in a position to comment on this much-debated topic: the lack of women in information security.

At the RSA Europe conference in October 2012, I attended a panel called ‘Why women are key to the future of security’.

There were some disapproving – dare I say feminist – murmurs about how the title should have been ‘Why people are key…’, but that’s just equal rights gone mad. For the sake of clarity and to arouse interest in the session, the title needed to reflect the discussion at hand.

Continue reading


No comments: