Sunday 9 October 2011

Eight days ago

Someone posted something to their blog/website and it showed up in my reader.

It's still sitting there!

Along with someone’s from seven days ago and six and several hundred items from lots of other someones.

OK. This is the plan. The very cunning plan. I will glance, no more, at feeds that deliver non-time-sensitive matter (journal feeds etc) and pick out the best of the best as quickly as possible.

The time-sensitive such as newspapers will not even be glanced at. 296 posts from Guardian Social will disappear at a stroke.

Information management items which I largely use for my own learning will marked for later reading – as if I find the time for later reading.

Why?

Because last week was crowded with meetings and working on a major piece of work with a deadline and then on Friday I managed to erupt with a stinking cold – which I took to LibraryCamp in Birmingham and tried to get rid of.

Needless to say I did not succeed. I still have it and am starting to feel that death might just be preferable.


No comments: