Sunday 17 July 2011

Sometimes I sits and thinks …

and sometimes I just sits.

And sometimes, as when reading an article in Journal of Intellectual Capital I stop sitting, stop thinking and go for a coffee.

I read the title, “Towards an ontology for the intellectual domain” and thought “hmm, interesting” I marked up my database of journal titles to read that article in full.


I got the journal delivered to a desk in the British Library and discovered, between the abstract and the main article, a quotation from Shakespeare’s Hamlet:


There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

I got into the introduction to the article and realised that there are more things in heaven and earth than I had dreamt of and that, although I understand the meaning of most of the individual words I do not understand them in the context of each other!

Presumably I am not an intellectual – coffee it is then.



No comments: