Saturday 16 July 2011

I know it is not hard to confuse me but …

Most readers know that I spend time reading (glancing through) the table of contents for a large number of journals that have, in the past, included something which might be useful or interesting for careers information practitioners.

Sometimes it is possible to determine the possibility of inclusion in this blog from the information online but more often I prefer to read more than the abstract to ensure that I’m on the right track.

I duly requested the British Journal of Educational Technology from the British Library’s storage centre, looked up page E25 in Volume 42, Number 2 (March 2011) to discover that (short break while I go out of the reading room and scream):

Colloquia are available online only at www.thebjet.com
OK, come out of writing this and go to the website in question. Are you with me so far?
So pleased because here comes the final insult!

Options for accessing this content:
If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
Login via Athens http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/athens or other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options .
You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.

I have since determined that the journal is available electronically through the BL’s electronic resources (only available whilst you are actually at the BL) so maybe, just maybe …

Or perhaps I won’t bother!



No comments: