Friday 27 November 2009

Checking the time-line

Just moved from Twitter to blog – checking that the link is OK and happened to see my archive figures for 2009. You can really see the “down” times when life seemed like too much of a hassle to bother with.
Maybe I shouldn't be saying something like that in a business environment but as I’ve got older I’ve come to realise that the brick walls we as a society and I as an individual erect around our mental health are not a good idea. There is, however, a very fine line between honesty and wallowing and I’m not entirely sure which side I’m on this morning!
Of course, now I’ve said that I will definitely start feeling better.
It is now nearly four months since I started working at home and the balance between time in the office (half the dining room partitioned off) and the rest of the house is still not right. For example, I have to walk through the other half of the dining room, up the stairs to get to the bathroom and will inevitably end up carrying something up or bringing something down that is not in the right place and then notice a cobweb (or ten) and then ...
Advice on self-discipline, and someone to nag me into adopting it, could be useful!

No comments: