Wednesday 10 October 2007

Privacy Library

ResourceShelf is one of favourite sources for telling me about things I might otherwise miss, and my least favourite in that it's a pain to read through! Anything that's worse gets ditched regardless of the usefulness of the content.

A lot of what I pick up I keep in my "personal interest" file (e.g. lists of art galleries and cultural heritage sites) and don't blog about. Much of the content is, as I think I've said before but probably not in this blog, is very US-centric and on issues such as copyright and privacy the law is so different that it's not of interest to readers in the UK. But, and that should be a BIG BOLD BUT, the Privacy Library originated in the US and is definitely not US-centric.

ResourceShelf says:


This apparently went live in May, but we just spotted it.
"Morrison & Foerster is pleased to announce the launch of its Privacy Library. This free resource provides links to privacy laws, regulations, reports, multilateral agreements, and government authorities for more than 90 countries around the world. The website provides companies with an essential tool to help them navigate the privacy labyrinth."
Source: Morrison & Foerster LLP (a global law partnership)

I would like to route you directly into the UK page but you must sign the disclaimer notice before you can access the information. Start here
Note: on my ADSL connection it was a bit slow to load but it's worth the wait!

No comments: