Sunday 6 May 2007

Jobsforinfopros.com launches

Thursday 12 April saw the launch of a new, state-of-the-art jobs board dedicated to the library and information profession, http://www.jobsforinfopros.com/. Peter Haastrup, Business Director said, "Job-seekers’ methods of finding work are becoming more sophisticated as they become more Internet-savvy. Not all job-seekers want to go to an agency to find work but most want quick and easy access to work specific to our sector, at their convenience. Jobs boards like this give them such options."

Sounds good but my, admittedly fairly cursory, look at this newcomer leads me to say "could do better -- a lot better". I guess that "£18.10 a year" means "£18,100 a year" but I'm not sure and I couldn't find any means of searching by geography.

No comments: